We had a Care Group meeting this evening. Care groups are groups of families from our church who gather for fellowship and devotionals. The group also ministers to the needs of the members. Well, we are in a Care group without any younger members. In fact, everyone there tonight was old enough to be my kids' grandparents, or even great grandparents! The family's house we visited is not very kid friendly. The couple is retired military and their home showcases beautiful artifacts from the places they were stationed overseas. As a mom of two toddlers this is a little nerve racking. I had been to their home before so I tried my best to bring ample forms of entertainment for the kids.
I have to say the kids did very well, for the most part. We enjoyed a delicious meal first (which Erin put Grant to shame by how she out ate him). After we ate (which took a little longer than I had hoped) we all gathered round for a "quick" devotional. The kids did fine playing quietly in middle if the circle for a while. Then, Grant began running around way too much. (Remember all the breakable stuff?) I took him out after he displayed his displeasure with me for not letting him run. Then Erin began fussing. It was 8:30 pm, almost bedtime, and they were still having a devotional. So, I had Stephen take Erin to the car and I gathered our things and graciously thanked our host for having us. I told Grant to tell her goodbye and he did. What he did next was so sweet. He gave her a hug. Then he proceeded to go around the room and he hugged everyone present. I was so proud of him. What a lesson we can learn fro our children! I hope that he is always such a caring individual. (I also hopes it made up for the temper tantrum he threw a few minutes earlier!)
No comments:
Post a Comment