Monday, January 05, 2009

Pink Giraffe Dress

Yesterday afternoon I decided to start on my pile of fabric. I have plenty of the pink giraffe fabric so I decided to use this first as a test on this pattern. I used Callie by Children's Corner.

I cut the pattern by 18 months thinking it would be a little big for Erin. She normally wears 12 months clothing. The pattern runs small. I need to move the buttons down on the straps to make it a little longer. I am glad I went ahead and tried the pattern out because I am going to cut the next one by 24 months. I am also going to use some interfacing next time. The pattern doesn't call for it, but I think it will help the top of the dress hold it's shape better. I used the regular covered piping that you can buy at Joann's for this dress. It's a little big for such little clothing and I think I might cover my own next time.
Overall, it turned out cute and Erin can wear it right now.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That is just precious! And, I LOVE your new blog layout, with Erin's picture! You are so talented...