Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sewing -Take One

Well, Saturday proved to be somewhat productive. I wasn't able to even start half of the projects I had in mind, but who was I kidding? It's hard enough to find time just to take a shower around here. Grant is not really the problem. He can sit and play with his toys and entertain himself for quite a while. Erin, however, thinks she needs to be held 24/7. She's a cat napper. She likes to doze for 20 minutes here and there. I can't wait until I can get them on a similar napping schedule. Believe me, I am working o it. Grant usually nap for 2 1/2 to 3 hours every afternoon. That's a lot of time! I could get of ton of stuff done if I just had that much uninterrupted time! I do have a lot of time to sit and read blogs while I am nursing Erin. I have become quite proficient at typing with one hand.

On to my completed projects. I was able to make my friend Kelly's little girl some new burp cloths. I think they turned out nice. I had to fight with my embroidery machine quite a bit though. When I purchased this machine I really had no idea what to look for in an embroidery machine. I bought a Singer Futura CE-200. It does basic embroidery, but I have several issues with it. I have an extremely hard time using the hoops with thick material. The burp cloths barely fit in the hoops and I think I am stripping the thread on the large hoop. Also, you can't embroider something that has already been made. For example, a onesie or a bag. I would really like to upgrade to a much nicer machine one day.




I also made a few bibs for Erin. She is quite a messy little thing! She drools and spits up a lot. Grant was such a clean baby. I never worried about his outfits of my clothes because he never messed them up. I found this blog that had a free bib pattern so I decided to give it a try. I plan on making more.
I also have big pans to make Grant some more Jon Jons. I bought the sweetest light green and light yellow fabric and I plan on using some embroidery designs on them. I would like to get this finished soon because I just ordered some cute pink fabric with little giraffes on it for Erin. I will update more when I finish a project.


1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love them! I wish I could have done that for my kids...