Friday, February 01, 2008

28 Days to Go!

I saw Dr. Powers today for my 36 week check-up. From now on I will see him every week until the baby gets here. We are still right on track for delivering around the end of the month. I am trying not to get my hopes up that I will go into labor early. I have 6 days of work left and I am ready for maternity leave. I am so drained by the end of the work day. It's getting very difficult for my to reach my patients and I keep bumping them in the head with my belly! This makes for a sore back by the end of the day. (If patients wouldn't act as if I am standing them on their heads when I begin to lay them back it would help me out. It always bugs me. I think, "Can you not lay down at night to sleep?" It's also funny how they complain when I lay them back, but won't say a word about it when the dentist.) Nevertheless, I will hang in there. I have several patients that are trying to get in to see me before I go on leave. Hopefully, I won't dissappoint them.



Grant, on the other hand, is oblivious to the changes about to happen at home. He seems to being going through his on changes. As I have said before, he loves his new room and big boy bed. He now begs to go down for a nap or to go to sleep at night. It used to take me rocking him in order to put him to sleep. This is a welcomed change. Now at bedtime he runs to the bathroom so we can brush his teeth and then crawls in bed and snuggles up with his pillows. I thought I would be rocking him to sleep for the rest of his life! Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind it. I love the special time we had before bed, and if he ever needs me I will gladly rock him again.



Tomorrow, we are having a big birthday party for Stephen's grandmother. She turned 89 this past Wednesday. There will be close to 50 people out here, and that's not the entire family. Stephen has so many cousins!!! (I only have three.) I know we will have a good time and the weather is going to be nice. I am planning on photographing the party for Granny so I should have some pictures to post tomorrow.

(I planned on posting a few snapshots today, but blogger is not cooperating!)

1 comment:

Liz said...

We can't wait to come and see baby Erin!!! I am guessing the first full weekend in March, right? Anyway,I guess you don't know as of this moment. Keep as comfortable as you can for the next couple of week. We love you!!!