Friday, February 08, 2008
New Addiction...Ebay
Alright, I admit it...I might be addicted to Ebay! Over the past few weeks I have purchased some pretty cool stuff on Ebay. Mostly clothing for the baby. I am desparetly searching for spring and summer dress clothes for Grant, but I have not won any aucitons. It's seems to be harder as he gets bigger. I guess there aren't as many listings for the toddler size clothes as the infant sizes. I have bought Erin some beautiful smocked dresses, cute swimsuits (we are going to need these with Mimi and Papa's new pool!), and bloomers. I have been able to get a lot of the items brand new with tags! I am going to keep trying to find Grant some jon jons. You can't find this kind of clothing around here very easily. People send their boys to church in shorts and a t-shirt in some cases! I prefer to dress my kids up. I have a pattern for a jon jon that I could make and monogram if I had the time. Maybe if I stay off of Ebay and sew I WILL have the time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
eBay is the best! I have gotten so many cute clothes there. Mostly for church... The consignment sale last week didn't have the selection I had hoped. We have another at the end of the month. BTW - Brooks is teething as well. I hate it for him AND us! He still only has 8 teeth total - so I bet his molars will be as slow as the incisors.
Leslie, I need to pick your dental brain. I am having a horrible time with lingual ulcers. They seem to come one after the other. I am using Majik Mouth Wash, styptic pencils on them and triamcinolone oral ointment. Is there anything else I can do? Is there anything I can do to stop them from occuring, or a reason that they are? Thanks!
Kristi, it seems like you are describing good old apthous ulcers. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to prevent these bad guys. It is an autoimmune problem that comes and goes as it pleases. Sometimes people, like yourself, will get a severe outbreak. The only treatment is palliative. If the majik mouthwash you are talking about is a mixture of maalox, lidocaine and benadryl, then it is basically what we have the pharmacist mix up for our patients. We think that these can be triggered by stress (like you haven't had any of that lately!. They run their course in 10 to 14 days. I know that they are painful, I hope they don't last much longer.
(The difference between apthous ulcers and labial herpetic lesions (which can be treated with an anti-viral) is the location. Lesions on the bound down tissue (gums, hard palate, and borders of the lips) are most likely viral. Lesions on the "movable" mucosa (floor of mouth, inside of cheeks lips, tongue) are apthous and must run their couse.
eBay...I ordered some of your shower gifts from there and thought they'd here for tomorrow BUT I JUST got the email that stated it was JUST NOW being shipped!! ARGH!!
I too am dealing w/these sores. I had one and had a cleaning the other and now I have a few. I am using that mixture and it seems to really help. Yay!!
Thanks for the talk - that is what my orthodontist and dentist said. I just hoped that someone else may have some "hocus pocus" treatment that works for their patients! :)
Hey girl! Hang in there! She will be here before you know it!!! I am going to try to go the 1/2 price sale tomorrow morning. I will look in Grant's size for you and let you know if I find anything! I have not been yet..it would be nice to find at least something to start the kids' summer wardrobe with!
Post a Comment