Friday, February 22, 2008

I've Been "Sew" Busy

Well, today I am officially 39 weeks pregnant and I am reaching that point when you feel as if you are never going to go into labor. I am trying to remain positive and remind myself that I am not overdue yet, but let's face it I'm big, uncomfortable and ready! It doesn't help that everyone has been saying..."You won't make it much longer!", "There's no way you will make to your due date!" etc. (That was two weeks ago!) Yet, here I am, still waiting.
I began my maternity leave this week. I enjoy being home with Grant and I know I need to take advantage of these last few days alone with just him. I have tried my best to stay busy (hence today's title). I have taken my own advice and made Grant a jon jon for Easter. It's not finished because I need my mom's help with the button holes and the snaps. The pattern came together very easily and I bought some light green fabric to make another one. I am just waiting to cut the pattern out because I want to make sure that this one fits Grant perfectly. I had to lengthen it a bit because he has a long torso.



I have also made a bunch of sweet little burp clothes for Erin. I enjoy doing this and have probably made twenty five or more in the last month. (For all the babies being born everywhere, not just Erin.) Stephen thinks I ought to sell my burp clothes on eBay. I am still thinking about it. I need to wait to list anything until after the baby comes and my head is on straight again. (I know all you mom's out there are laughing at me, but I can hope right?)



I have also made a nursing wrap. I had ordered one off of ebay that's so cute. When it arrived I thought, "I can make this." So I did. It was very easy and I plan on making some more. I have also made night lights for the kids rooms. My next project is to finish the diaper bag I started months ago!




Besides sewing I have finished a few necessities in preparation for the baby. I rearranged and installed car seats. I figured I better go ahead and do it. When I was expecting Grant I went and had them install the car seat at Babies R Us weeks before Grant was due. I guess you are just a little more relaxed the second time around. I have decided that even though I love our Trailblazer our next vehicle will be a minivan. I always said I would NEVER own a minivan, but after filling our backseat with two car seats it seems like a good idea. We have a third row seat, but good luck getting to it! I also put the swing together this morning. I don't know why I have been putting this off, but it is finally put together and ready to go. Grant looks at it like. "This is familiar, but I don't know why!"


Well, I have rambled on enough for this morning. I will keep you all posted if there are any changes.

5 comments:

Liz said...

I love everything! I can't wait to see it all in person!

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! You should open a shop on etsy.com!

Melissa

Tricia said...

WOW! Very impressive. One question though...Are those footballs? Didn't realize Erin was going to be a line backer!

Wanda said...

Everything is adorable. A friend gave me a few burpclothes similiar to the ones you have made. I love them!

Kristi said...

I am very impressed - especially with the burp cloths. Those were my favorite gifts for my kids!