Friday, February 08, 2008

37 Weeks and Counting

Today I am at the 37 week mark in my pregnancy. There's not much time left. I went to see the doctor today and ended up seeing one of the midwives in the practice because he was attending a birth. Things seem to be progressing nicely and I have officially "dropped". I can never tell if I have dropped or not, but according to my mom, grandmother, mother-in-law, Steve's grandmother, co-workers, patients, strangers, and now the midwife I have! My GBS test did come back positive this time so I will be given IV antibiotics during labor. It's not that big of a deal as long as they administer the antibiotics.

I am hoping to make it through next Thursday before I begin active labor. I have too much to do before then! (Ha! We all know babies come when they want to come, not by our schedule!) Stephen has to remind me of this everynight when I don't think I can stand another day being pregnant. (I usually feel better in the morning after a few hours of sleep.)

Grant is teething again! He's been constantly cutting teeth since Christmas. He had been very cranky and exhibiting all the signs for teething, but I couldn't figure out why. His lower molars finally erupted a couple of weeks ago. I was able to get a good look last night and now his upper canines are erupting! Poor guy. I feel so bad for him. He wants me to hold him all the time, but is hard for me to carry him around constantly. I know he doesn't understand why I can't. AND... we could have the baby any day now if that isn't enough! Hopefully, these teeth will come on in and he will feel better in a day or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - Wanda's water broke this morning - looks like we'll have our first girl on Chris's side of the family sometime very soon!
Melissa

Tricia said...

You forgot your dad. He just mentioned to me that it looked like you had "dropped". It's a happening subject in Jacksonville right now: Leslie's belly drop