Well, I have had an busy afternoon. I went to my weekly appointment to check on little miss Erin. My doctor is out of town all week so I saw the midwife. She came in and checked the heartbeat first. It was really low, so she made me move around until it came back up. She went ahead and scheduled me an induction date. The first available is 3-6-08! The hospital where I have to deliver has a five star labor and delivery department, but unfortunately it is the county's only hospital and they stay extemely busy. The midwife went ahead and sent me to labor and delivery today for a non-stress test due to the low heartbeat. I went on over after my appointment. (I know the routine.) The heart rate was fine for the hour that I was there. I have been having contractions today (as well as for the past week). The nurse came in and asked me if I could feel my contractions. I told her yes, but they weren't that bad. She asked me if I was in labor?!! I thought they were the experts on that. I told her that the contractions I felt with Grant were much more painful, but I was being induced. (With no mercy. They cranked up the pitocin so much that I didn't have a break between contactions. All I can remember is that the hurt so bad that all I could do was shake.) She went ahead and sent me home, but told me to go home and pack my bags and rest up.
So here I am. I haven't finished packing my bags and I need to go give Grant a bath. I have heard this before from L&D. I went in thinking I was in labor with Grant and they told me that I would be back to deliver within 24 hours. Two weeks later I was induced. Therefore, I am trying not to get my hopes up. Although, I pray I won't last until March the 6th!
6 comments:
It's all so exciting!
Just wanted to let you know that there are those of us out in blog land that you don't even know that are praying for you and Erin.
Hang in there!
I know the 3-6 date didn't make you very happy! But, if she does decide to wait that long, we might actually be able to make it to the hospital for the delivery!!! Either way, we can't wait.
WE ARE ALL THINKING ABOUT YOU EVERYDAY, YOU KNOW THAT IF ERIN WAIT'S UNTIL THE 11th. WE CAN SHARE A BIRTHDAY!!
The last days are sooooo long - but she'll be here before we know it! Aren't you shooting for a leap year baby, anyway? I keep waiting for a text message from Dad (I'm assigning him that job) for updates!
Post a Comment